Monday, May 30, 2011


It's 5 pm, and it's been an incredible day already! We packed up from our hotel in Madrid to head to Toledo at 9, and after waiting around for an hour for some missing people, we decided to leave the stragglers behind to find their own way to Toledo and hit the road. Toledo is only about an hour from Madrid. I thought Madrid was the most beautiful city i've ever seen, but that was before I saw Toledo. Absolutely incredible!!! The city is very gothic, and there's old buildings and castles and moats everywhere and it is really incredible. After the walking tour around the city, we asked some locals where we could find a nice cheap place for lunch and we ended up at this awesome little hole-in-the-wall place. Best meal I've had in a while: for 8 euros we got an appetizer, meat, water, bread, AND wine! I'm only in Toledo for one night, and then I have to suffer through an 8-9 hour bus ride in the morning, but I'll finally make it to Barcelona and get to meet my host mommy! Unfortunately, the hotel we're out is a little outside the city, so we won't be going out tonight (although i heard there's a club downtown that is an old church converted into a club! Can't find that in America!) but I feel a bit guilty going to a discoteca in a church...anyways, time to get some tapas downstairs! Adios mis amores

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that they left people behind! They aren't messing around!

    ReplyDelete