Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Today I finally arrived in Barcelona!! After a long and grueling 9 hour bus ride from Toledo(it took so long because spain has this stupid rule that bus drivers need to take a 45 minute personal break every 2 hours of driving...), my new spanish madre Pilar met me outside of the bus in the pouring rain with my nametag! Her first response was MUY ALTA!! which means very tall, by the way. I guess Spain isn't used to 6 foot tall chicas. The weather here is awful right now, but its still a beautiful city regardless. If the rain clears up, I'm hitting the playa tomorrow! Anyways, we took a taxi back to our new apartamento, which is so much nicer than I expected! Theres a really nice kitchen, a dining room, living room, den, and my roommate kara and I each have our own room and bathroom! My cute little room has a bed, desk, and a closet/wardrobe the size of the ENTIRE wall. It's awesome and making me wish i packed more clothes. Turns out I'm one of the lucky ones and get to have wifi in my apartment, which is extremely uncommon in Spain!I had my first home cooked meal for dinner which was cheeseburgers and bread. Hands down, best meal I've had in a while. You have no idea how good a cheeseburger tastes after having weird mushy fish in your paella every night. My host mother, is absolutely adorable. Her name is Pilar, she's 60, and she lives in this apartment alone. She's super cute I absolutely adore her. Mommy, don't worry I'm in good hands :)! She has a daughter who is married, and a super-guapo son who is 26 who makes frequent visits which I will gladly welcome! She doesn't speak a lick of English at all, which is awesome, and we've been able to share some good conversation so far! Everything is awesome here, and I can't wait to take the metro to the University for orientation tomorrow!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment