Sunday, May 29, 2011
Hi everyone!! I miss you guys all so much, but I’m having such a great time in Spain! I’ve really enjoyed my last 2 days in Madrid, and tomorrow morning I’m taking a bus to Toledo and staying the night there, then finally to meet my host mommy in Barcelona on Monday!! So anyways, Madrid is beautiful. Honestly, like nothing I’ve ever seen before- everything is just so pretty, it’s hard to believe its real, and that I’m really here. This morning I took a walking tour starting in the Plaza Mayor de Madrid, then toured local historic churches and architecture, and it was absolutely breathtaking. Annnd tiring considering I’m still completely jetlagged, but at least I got 7 hours of sleep last night as opposed to the one hour of sleep I got the night before on the plane! I also got to visit the Museo del Prado which had all the historic paintings of Madrid like Francisco de Gayo, whose artwork basically showed up on every page of my Spanish textbooks so it was pretty cool to see all those in person. Had my first incredible meal today at this really cute outdoor café, to find out that water is NOT free here, so I think its safe to say that you have to pay for literally everything in this city-totally worth it though. Side note, everyone should get a dog from Spain. They are literally everywhere I go, and I think they’re even cuter than in the US. I would bring one home for all of you, but I don’t have any room in my luggage. Nobody uses leashes- the dogs are just so loyal, they will follow their owners walking all over the city in side streets and stuff, and don’t even stop for anything. Its adorable. Something else that's really weird, the city here is SO quiet. There's people everywhere and out and about all day and night, but it somehow remains peaceful! It's not obnoxiously loud or anything like NYC, it's pretty weird to get used to, but i definitely like it!So far I haven’t gotten mugged so I consider it a successs!! I have to go now and grab some tapas in the plaza. I Love you all! Hasta Luego <3
Melissa! No joke about the dogs!!! i forgot to mention that to you! We always say that the roles of children vs. dogs are reversed over there because the dogs were SO well-behaved and the kids are little HOOD RATS!!! :) So so so so jealous (had to say that again....LOL)!
ReplyDelete